Thursday, November 16, 2017

Marathon Training with Health Warrior

I received 2 boxes of Health Warrior bars and a fabulous coloring book as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.



Training is chugging along nicely, I've been working hard to keep as many runs below 14 minutes per mile as possible. This is the pace I need to Beat the Bridge when I run Marine Corps next Fall.
Part of training is making sure you're fueling right. I've been trying to work healthy snacks into my day, and Health Warrior has really helped with that. I wasn't sure how I would like the Chia Seeds. I am definitely someone who has texture issues with food, but I love these bars!



I've been taking them to Girls on the Run practices and when I volunteer at the library! 100 calories of Superfood is just what I need on those late afternoons!



And then there is the coloring book. I have been having so much fun with it. I don't want to ruin the surprise, so I am only including one picture. It is a marathon training ABCs book that every runner should have. You can get yours here.... with a purchase of Health Warrior bars.



I have tried the Apple Cinnamon and the Dark Chocolate. Those who know me best will know my fave.....
Apple Cinnamon! You thought I would pick the chocolate, but the Apple Cinnamon is just so tasty!

A few bonuses....
Vegan
Gluten Free
Soy Free
Dairy Free
Non GMO
Super super tasty



And did I mention the free coloring book?

Okay, let's get to last week's workouts.

Wednesday I did a Booty Workout from a group I'm in and basically walked around with a sore butt for days. Then I sent my Garmin in to be replaced and basically cried. Tell me I'm not the only one who is in love with her watch? The new one should be here this weekend, and I have a loaner, but I really miss my watch!



Thursday was supposed to be a training run but I woke up with a sore throat and bailed. I had a race coming up and I couldn't be sick!

Friday was some walking to get my steps in, mostly around the Charlotte Marathon expo...



Saturday was the half marathon. I was pacing a runner for the first half of her marathon and she did such a great job!I'm so proud! My pace was under 14 minutes, even with some extra walking at the end. It was super cold and my asthma was kicking in.



Then we cheered on the marathoners...



Before getting together for lunch.



I love my running family.

Sunday was a rest day. Those hills killed me. It was also Friendsgiving and my parents arrived for a visit.



Monday was for visiting.



Tuesday I ran 4 miles bright and early and killed those hills.



Then spent the day with my mom. Wednesday was more visiting although I did get my steps in.



Kind of a lazy week, but I plan to work really hard this week to make up for it!

How do you squeeze in workouts and good food choices when you have overnight guests?

2 comments:

  1. I've actually heard of these before and was actually curious. I think I'll purchase them when I find them again.

    Have a good weekend!
    The Fitness Bro

    ReplyDelete