Wednesday, January 25, 2017

NuGo Nutrition Protein Bars

I received a box of these bars in multiple flavors as a BibRave Pro, for the purposes of this review



I love me some protein bars, y'all. They are a quick and easy breakfast on the way to a race or a long run, nutrition during a hike, snack during that witching hour late in the day. I definitely have a few favorite companies, and when I was given this chance to try out NuGo Dark bars, I wasn't sure if they would join the ranks with my other favorites.



I tried the chocolate coconut first, because, well, coconut. I'm super picky about chocolate things and these are coated in chocolate. OMG my friends, this bar was a delight. oh, and it's gluten free, vegan, and non GMO.
For real.



Next up was the chocolate pretzel with sea salt. This is definitely my second favorite. It has just the right amount of sea salt, and the Chocolate is on point. NuGo uses real dark chocolate, which can help lower your blood pressure and reduce inflammation. Total win-win.



The mint chocolate chip is a good time, I'm not gonna a lie. It was a tasty treat for our walk back from a gym workout. NuGo uses Flavonol Antioxidants, which neutralize free radicals in your body to prevent cell damage.



I really made use of the NuGo bars while I was on vacation. We brought them to Disney Marathon weekend to eat before the races, and on our cruise in case we needed a healthy snack. They didn't get melty or soft, they stayed fresh and tasty the whole time! I somehow missed taking a pic of the Chocolate Chip bar on our cruise. My daughter and I each brought one on our snorkeling trip and it really hit the spot after an hour of snorkeling!



The Dark NuGo bars also come in Peanut Butter, Mocha, and Spicy, and NuGo sells sample packs so that you can try them out before buying a whole box!


The website also has a handy Where to Buy button. I put in my zip code and found out that my favorite Publix grocery store carries them. Score! It even lists the flavors. so I know that I can find all of my favorites the next time I go.

Have you ever tried NuGo bars? If not, you should run out and get some soon!
posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy!! I usually hate protein bars. They seem to always be gritty and gross. The ones I tend to like are the ones that are basically a candy bar so that defeat the purpose. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha I hear ya! these are really tasty, no weird chemical taste and a nice texture, I'm really sad because the box is almost empty lol I will have to get more on my next grocery shopping trip!

      Delete