Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday Training Update



Woooohooooo this week I began training for the NYC Marathon!
But first....
Thursday I did an older DVD from my FIRM collection. Well, not the FIRM, but a DVD that Tracie Long filmed after she left the FIRM.
Friday, I did one of the Classics, Volume 3. Check out those outfits!


Saturday was my first long run with RFYL Charlotte. It was a hot mess, but I made so many new friends and I look forward to future runs!

Sunday I did a little yoga and we took a walk, but mostly I recovered from Saturday!
Monday was my first official training run. What a mess. So humid, but video managed to keep it somewhat close to my coach's goal for me.


Tuesday wasn't much better. Back to back runs, hills, humidity. Done! 

Wednesday I had a training session with Debbie. She is one of the coaches at Fleet Feet and she held a core class before the Saturday runs. A home who took the class got entered to win 2 free sessions and I won! Check out my training journal to see how I felt....

Debbie is awesome. For real. She's a runner, and she trained me with that in mind. Lots of balance, squats, TRX, squats, balance, squats. Did I mention squats?
Today I am sore!
More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment