Friday, July 15, 2016

NYC Marathon Training

No Flat Mama this weekend, unless you count the outfit that I will be wearing on my very first group run for the NYC Marathon! Well, why not?! To me, it's just as big a deal!


I will be running with the peeps from Run For Your Life in Charlotte. They have been running together for about a month, but I've been mentoring with Fleet Feet so this will be my first time joining them. I'm excited and nervous all at once! I'm hoping for at least one runner as slow as me!


I'll also be wearing my Headsweat visor and my Nathan belt. I've decided to start wearing compression socks on all of my long runs as well. 
I will be sure to post about my first experience with a training group as I go along. They have also been meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays but they meet at 5:30 and that's way too early for me. I would have to be up by 4:30 at least to get there in time and that just isn't happening! I can do the short runs on my own! Saturdays are at 6, and I will have to get up at 5,  it once a week won't kill me.
I think.
We will see, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment