Friday, July 22, 2016

Fundraising Friday Update


By now it is no secret that I am running the NYC marathon and fundraising for Muscular Dystrophy. 
My Dad has been fighting for more years than I care to count. He has Myasthenia Gravis, a form of MD, and it attacks the muscles, making them tire easier. After over 20 years as a police officer, he has a new battle to fight in his retirement. MDA uses the funds raised to educate, support, and research, using 74 cents of every dollar raised. 
Since my last post about MDA, I have reached almost  $950, bringing me just $53 from my first goal of $1000. Ultimately, I hope to raise $3000. I joined the team after I registered for the marathon, so my minimum is lower than many others running for charity, but that won't stop me from aiming high!


I am determined to reach my goal of $3000, but I am taking baby steps! I would like to raise that $53 before my first official long run, which is tomorrow. (Saturday) 
If just 6 of my readers donate $10 I will exceed that goal!




Please consider using the link below to donate, and if you have any suggestions for fundraiser ideas, please let me know! 

http://www2.mda.org/site/TR?px=2919245&pg=personal&fr_id=22390&s_src=boundlessfundraising&s_subsrc=:sub_source

No comments:

Post a Comment