Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thursday Training Update


This was a great week for training, as long as by training you mean running. I did a lot of running. I really need to get back into my groove, but it's been kind of nuts here, so I am taking what I can get!

So Thursday... I met up with someone from my development and we did 3.5 miles. It's getting hot and sticky here so my times are showing it. This run is right on track for my NYC goal, though, so it's all good. Some days the hills feel easier and other days I want to die. I'm hoping this changes soon.

Friday I ran another 2.27 miles with the Zombies Run app. I can't believe I don't have a pic! Blogger fail! 
Saturday was our Earth Day cleanup. Nobody really came. I cleaned the thread trail alone, and I was so glad I brought ear buds so I could listen to music. I was out there for 90 minutes, filled two bags of trash, and basically think half my neighbors are a hot mess. 

Sunday we took the dogs for a 2.6 mile walk and then sat on our butts at the National Whitewater Center. It was Tuck Fest, which meant live music, food trucks, and people watching. Specifically the people who were kayaking and rafting on the rapids. We had a prime spot that involved watching people succeed.... and watching people go for a swim. It was a perfect day!

Monday I was back at it. Another quick run with the Zombies Run app. I am loving these short runs while they last, once official training starts, these lovelies will end. 

Time to test out my new Zooma gear! Tuesday I tested out my New Balance kicks and they pass the test. No PF insert either! Not sure if I will continue to run without it, but no pain so far!
Also on Tuesday, I started mentoring at my local Fleet Feet Sports, for the No Boundaries 5k program. It was Magic Mile night and I was the cheering crew. I ended up covering the mile as well, but I didn't time it. Some of it was spent cheering them on at the hills.

Wednesday was supposed to be 5 miles, but I waited too long. And by too long, I mean 9:30, to start my run. By the time I decided to stop, it was past 80 degrees, and I was fried. The walking I did before and after brought me to 5 miles, so that will have to be enough. I also tested a new shirt for Nashville this weekend and it passed the test.

Not such a bad week! I am up to 63.6 miles for the month so far, and the half will bring it up to 76.7 which makes me very happy. I am visiting my parents this week coming up, but I will get some runs in and will be doing a local 5k while I am there. Once I get back I will start working some yoga and some other classes into my schedule.
How were your workouts this week?

2 comments: