Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday Training Update with Mizuno Wave Inspire 12


As a FitFluential Ambassador, I was given the opportunity to try the new Mizuno Wave Inspire 12s before they hit stores on October 28th. As always, all opinions are my own.
The shoes arrived at a perfect time. I was ending my 6 week break from running, so that my foot could heal. I couldn't wait to wear them, I actually ended up running a mile in them  before my 6 weeks was up! Can you blame me? They.are.so.pretty.



They fit well, too. The toe box has just enough extra room, and they are nice and snug around my foot and heel. The first couple of runs were a little stiff, but that may have been my feet getting back into the groove. I wore them for some training runs and a race.




Overall, I am very happy with the shoes. They are definitely a little stiffer than the ones I was previously wearing, but I don't find that to be a deterrent at all. They feel really good on my feet,  there is no pinching, no blisters. The true test will be at Rock n Roll Brooklyn this weekend, but I am confident that all will be well for that distance as well. They grip the street and the boardwalk well, and even in the sand I was comfortable. I will test them on a trail soon, although it is more dirt road than actual trail.
I recommend these to anyone who needs a solid support shoe.
From Mizuno:

Wave Inspire 12: Built-In Support System  Dynamically supportive.
Flexibly light.  
The new Wave Inspire 12 has the lightweight support you need to farther and longer.
With an improved upper that provides a soft-yet-structural fit and increased blown runner for maximum durability, this shoe provides the stability you need to stay on the road longer. 
What’s New
Improved upper has a supportive design for a soft-yet-structural fit.  
Increased blown rubber in the forefoot for improved durability and softness. 
Redesigned, U4ic midsole platform provides more ground contact and a softer touch down. 
Tried and true tech
Double Fan Wave for moderate support without the stiffness.  
Support shoe without the weight.

In stores on October 28th, be on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment