Sunday, March 15, 2015

Honey, Do You Need a Ride? Book review

 
 
One of my fellow SPAs suggested we all read this book, and share our thoughts. I jumped right on board because it has been on my wish list for awhile now.
 
 
 
 
 
This book could have been written by me! So many of her thoughts and feelings about herself, about running, about life, resemble mine! It really does prove that our feelings about ourselves are subjective, to be sure. I don't want to give any of it away, but I do want you all to read it. This is the perfect book for anyone who once thought that they weren't good enough, thin enough, fast enough, cute enough.
I amused my self by reading some reviews on Goodreads, which was probably a mistake. It sort of proved the pint, though. The author thought herself to be too fat to run, and many of the comments bashed her for being thin. Obviously, none of them ever looked in the mirror and felt fat, even when everyone around them swore that they were not.
Plus, there are amusing anecdotes involving pet donkeys. For real. Read this book!
 



Check out other reviews!


Have you read it? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it!! Thanks for posting! Did you link up with the blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heading over to do that now! I was away when the post went live :)

      Delete