Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Girls on the Run SoleMates Program





Last year I started coaching for the Central Jersey chapter of Girls on the Run. It was easily the coolest thing I have ever participated in, and I look forward to another wonderful year coaching these amazing girls to run a 5K.
It's not just about running, though. It's about making good choices, being a good friend, being good to yourself. We get to watch these girls grow as people, as well as runners.
Last year, our region was blesses with a grant that allowed them to provide this program to underprivileged girls in the area. They ran the program in three different schools and were able to give the program for free. The normal cost is roughly $100 per girl. This year, they couldn't secure that same grant, so they are looking for new ways to raise the money.
Enter the SoulMates program. I have registered to be a SoulMate with the goal of $250-$300, in the hope of raising enough money to get two or three girls into the program!

I am brainstorming for a way to raise funds, but for now, I leave you with this link to my personal fundraising page! I chose Wine and Dine as my goal race, and hope to have raised the money by then!
Any ideas for fundraisers? I am considering a yoga class, and also a pottery painting fundraiser for starters!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! where can I find more info on this program, I would love to be a part of this in my town! Good luck with the fundraising I will head over to your page. I love the idea of a yoga class for donation- sounds like fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your donation! Check out http://www.girlsontherun.org it is the national page!

      Delete