Wednesday, May 14, 2014

#FuelYourBetter Marathon Training with Vega One Sport Bars

Vega Bar Blogger photo Badge_Vega200_zps53a557dd.png



***I received a box of 12 Vega Sport Bars in exchange for this review. As always, all opinions are my own!***


This month I start training for my Fall marathons. I know, it's a little early, but I want to be ready! My goal is to finish in under six hours, which I know is slow for most, but is right on track with where my training is right now. My dream goal is 5:30. I will settle for a finish in under 7:12, which is how long it took me in Disney.
I have been running with friends to keep it interesting! This week, I ran with some members of my Moms Run This Town Chapter.
On Monday, I met one of the moms at a local trail and we did the five mile loop.


Afterwards, I inhaled a bottle of water and this yummy new protein bar, that I received as a Sweat Pink Ambassador from Vega One. What a perfect way to #FuelYourBetter


Anything with chocolate and peanut butter is fine by me, add in the protein, glutamine, and omega-3 and it is the perfect recovery bar! It was delicious, and it had no weird after taste! Bonus for those with allergies? It's gluten free!

Fast forward to Wednesday, and another run with the same mom. This time we met at a paved walking path, and did 2.5 loops for a total of 4.4 miles.


Yeah.... That's my Vega Sport Bar all alone in that cooler with some ice packs. I didn't want a gross melty bar, so I took precautions! Don't judge me!
Some other bonus points are:

  • plant-based protein
  • whole food ingredients in every bar
  • protein
  • amazing flavors available: chocolate mint and chocolate coconut!
oh, and if you want to check out more great product information, you can stalk Vega One on Twitter and Instagram!


I am really enjoying these bars and I am stuck with a tough decision!
What flavor do I choose next? Mint? Coconut? 

No comments:

Post a Comment