Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Susan G Komen Race for the Cure

Saturday night, after a crazy day at the Color Run, the teenie and I got ready for the Race for the Cure. I was running the 5k and she was walking the 4k with her school. She painted her jeans for the occasion and we laid out our outfits.
Sunday morning came all too fast, and we got up early again to go to the race. This race was only a 35 minute ride away at Six Flags. We arrived and parked with no problems, you gotta love that!
We picked up my bib and tee, and visited  the swag tables. We also punched out Cancer, where the company donated $1 for every punch!

It was time for me to ditch my stuff, so we went to the Team Tent, where the teenie's school earned a table. They always have a huge group, which earns them a table in the tent.

Time to race! I did some aerobics led by a Survivor, and then it was time to line up.
I wasn't expecting much in the way of finishing time, since the Color Run was so hilly and I still had a little knee ache. Switching back to my old Brooks is helping a lot, though, so I am expecting to be back to 100% soon!
The first mile went fast, and I hit it at around 10:00. So far so good. Of course, the hills get worse after the first mile! 
I only had a little pain, mostly it was my poor tired legs that slowed me down. It is fun to run through Hurricane Harbor, though, so I enjoyed the view and stopped worrying about time.
I finished just under 35 minutes, my slowest time for this race, but I didn't care. It was a great race, for a great cause, and I look forward to next year, which will be my fifth year!

Did you race this past weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome race for an awesome cause! Love that your little one got to participate with her school!

    I did the Tower of Terror 10 Miler this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so jealous! Dopey seems soooo far away! I love that the teenie does this event, this year it was mandatory for Honor Society, but she had already planned to go. It was her 3rd year, and I have a feeling she will be coming even when she is in college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the Race for the Cure in Albany, NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that in your blog, you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete