Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Staying Comfy in Nabee Socks


I received these adorable Nabee Compression Socks as part of being a BibRave Pro. (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. As always, all opinions are my own!


When I was given the chance to try out Nabee Socks, I scrolled through the choices and saw these Shamrocks and knew I had to have them. I had the Shamrock 8k coming up in Virginia Beach, and UI would be spectating the half and full marathoners the next day. These would be perfect. 


By the time the socks arrived, the race weekend was cancelled and I knew that I still needed to wear them for the review. Problem was, I was injured and my doc wouldn't even let me ride my bike with the runners, let alone run with them! But I could support them. So I put together my most St Patrick's Day Weekend running club clothes and prepared to spectate the long run.


I got to our usual meeting spot. At the time, we were allowed to meet up in groups of 10 or less, as long as stayed 6 feet apart. If you look close enough, you can see people across the lot in front of CVS. That's another group of runners keeping their distance! I waited for my group to arrive and then led them in their dynamic stretches. 


Let's take some time out now to talk about the fit. I am a chubby runner and I have always had big calves. These socks fit so well over my calves, giving the compression that I needed, without squeezing my feet to tight. Have you ever had socks that just made your feet ache? Not fun!


After I led their stretches and sent them on their way, I hopped back in the car and headed over to the parking lot where the runners would pass me... twice. I left some inspirational messages using sidewalk chalk and also dubbed the training run as the Social Distancing Ten Miler. They all loved it, and lots of groups stopped to take awkward group selfies. Awkward because they had to stand so far apart!


I have to say, sitting in my car all morning could have been way worse. It is super hard on your legs to sit like that for hours! Those socks are so comfy!


I may have even read for a bit. Off in the distance you can almost make out the blue water jug. I took that back to the store after everyone ran by and my morning was done. 


Let's talk specifics now! They have some seriously cute patterns. If I hadn't zeroed in on these shamrocks, I would have had a hard decision ahead of me! They are super easy to pull on. I have had some issues with other socks in the past, but these pulled on easily and even fit well over my capris. 
They have a stay up cuff. It holds those socks in place without cutting off your circulation!
SEAMLESS TOE!!
This is so key! No blisters when you use them, because there is no seam to try and get just right when you put them on!
Increased cushion throughout the whole foot, especially the achilles and heel. They are so soft and comfortable. I know I am using that word a lot, but on those long runs and races, comfort is the difference between crying and smiling at the finish!
These are designed and approved by nurses! If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. Nurses are super heroes, and they are on their feet all day!

Let me know which pattern(s) you choose and use BIBRAVE20 when you shop for 20% off!



No comments:

Post a Comment