Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Lincoln Park Zoo's Run For the Zoo Virtual Race




I received entry into the Run For the Zoo Virtual Race as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. 



I adore the Zoo. Any zoo, honestly, so long as the animals have room to run and play. I have been talking with my good friend Lissa, aka RunNerdGirl about doing one together. And by together, I mean that we will run the same race, but she will be finished and on her second beer when I finish. Lissa and I are both Pros together, but we were friends first, so running a race together happens a few times a year. I am hoping that we will be able to run this one together!


OK, I have been using the word run, but in reality, I am currently walking. I actually plan to train as if I am walking this 5k. There is also a 10K option, which I think Lissa is doing, but I likely won't be able to pull that off.




What's a virtual race? I used to host them for charity, and that link explains it all, but I will recap here!
You can run, walk, crawl the designated distance wherever you choose. 
Use your GPS watch or an app to record your time. (Some races require it, others don't) 
Take pics, have fun, finish strong.
Upload proof of time if it is required. 
Put on your bling for more photo opportunities.
Brag.all.day.
Drink a beer and eat all the foods.


Fun, right?
Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago is having a virtual 5k/10k and you get a tech tee with your registration!
You can get the bling below with an extra donation.
 Race is June 7th, and they are even providing you with a virtual race bib that you can print out and wear on your race day!
Proceeds will keep the zoo up and running!
There is a kids' race as well!
First place male and female runners for each distance will receive a plush animal from their gift shop. A trophy you can cuddle with!
In honor of the 42nd year of Run for the Zoo, the 42nd-place male and female runner for the virtual 5K and 10K races will each win a membership to Lincoln Park Zoo. (This will be based on the honor system.)
In honor of the 152nd year of Lincoln Park Zoo, the 152nd-place male and female runner for the virtual 5K and 10K races will each win a large animal plush from the Gift Shop. (This will be based on the honor system.)




Check out their facebook event page for even more details, and when you register, use BIBRAVE10 for 10% off. 


I am looking forward to ramping up my one mile walks (I have PT permission to start going 1.25 miles at a time right now) so that I can do this fun run/walk for the Lincoln Park Zoo.

Who is joining me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm stupid excited to run this with you. Tell the hubby to chill me some post-race beer :P !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol we were just talking about this, and he was saying that the two of you would have a beer afterward!

      Delete