Monday, October 14, 2019

Training Update.... Shamrock Marathon

Image result for shamrock marathon

I've decided to run the Shamrock Marathon this March, while I'm in Virginia Beach for a BibRave Summit. Basically, BibRave Pros are raiding Virginia Beach so that we can all hang out, and meet IRL, and run all the miles. At first, I was considering the half, but I haven't trained for a marathon in the winter for awhile, so why not?
Training started this week. 

The race has a super generous time limit, so it is all about logging the miles, and stressing about my pace. I have a bunch of races planned between now and then, so I had to fiddle with my plan a little bit, but it's ready to go! I just got my new journal for 2020, and once I've got the calendar portion all set, I will write in my plans in erasable ink. 

Image result for compete journal

I love this journal! I have had it in past years, but this year I tried a new one, didn't love it, learned my lesson, and went back! I chose orange for BibRave, but also because I love the message. I am competing. With myself. I am the only one that matters!

What races will I be sprinkling throughout my training? 
Related image
I am running the Zooma Amelia Island Seaside Challenge this weekend, which is a 5k and a half marathon. 


Image result for wine and dine 2019

Two weeks after that, I am running the Wine and Dine challenge, which is a  10k and a half marathon.

Image result for charlotte marathon

Two weeks after that, I am running the Charlotte Marathon 5k, and then I am spectating the half and full marathon. I do this every year, in some form, I have done the half marathon in the past as well.


Image result for crooked road ultra
The week after Charlotte, I am doing the Crooked Road Ultra. My plan is to aim for 26.2, and then, if I don't already want to die, aim for a 50k. I have 24 hours to do it, and I have friends who will be there to keep me motivated. Plus, we camp, which is always fun.


Image result for gingersnap 5k waxhaw 2019

Two weeks after that, my 5k Crew will be running the Gingersnap 5k. It is a GOTR race, and should be a blast. I will do my long run on a Thursday that week.

Image result for kiawah marathon 2019
The week after that will be my 3rd Kiawah Half Marathon. A huge group from my running club goes every year, so it should be fun!

Image result for rock n roll new orleans

A couple months after Kiawah, I will be running NOLA. I haven't registered yet, but the hubs is super excited, so I am kinda stuck. There are worse things to be stuck with!

Image result for hot chocolate charlotte

Two weeks later is Hot Chocolate Charlotte. I will be doing the 15k for the third year in a row, which means bonus swag! Woohoo!!

Image result for jail break half 2020

One week later, on Leap Day, is the Jail Break Half. I will be adding a new state to my map, since it is in Texas, and a bunch of my besties are going, so it will be a great time!!

Two weeks of tapering follow that race and them I am running Shamrock. Don't worry, I squeezed an 18 miler and two 20 milers in there as well, so I will be prepared! There is also a trail 5k and a turkey trot thrown in on weekdays as well!

Image result for gnome trail run

Image result for millbridge turkey trot

Do you have any fun races coming up? Any big plans?




No comments:

Post a Comment