Sunday, October 13, 2019

NYRR Virtual Halfway There 13.1


I ran the NYRR Virtual Halfway There 13.1 Powered by Strava as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.

I love virtual races, and I know I talk about them a lot. They are an amazing motivator during a stagnant training season, and a fun way to earn badges, swag, or bragging rights. NYRR is hosting some virtual races this year for FREE, and the Halfway There 13.1 was one of them. Yesterday was the last day to participate, but keep reading for info on the next event!

I decided to run my miles yesterday because my club was doing a preview of the first half of the Charlotte Marathon. A few days ago, a couple of my runners told me that they couldn't make it into the city, so we decided to keep it closer to home. This is just one of the amazing benefits of a virtual race.... you can do it anywhere at any time!



It was a perfect morning for a long run, cool enough out that I wore leggings and a short sleeved shirt. It was glorious, I'm not gonna lie!



My runners each had 9 miles to do, but since the whole club was in Charlotte, we had no course support. I planned a sort of figure 8 course so that we looped back to the start around mile 6, just in case we needed to refill our water bottles at the water fountain. Then we would continue on to do another 3 mile loop. One of my runners was struggling with her IT band, so she stopped at mile 6 (so glad I planned the route that way!) and the rest of us made a last minute decision to run the last 3 on the nice flat greenway. 


We completed the 9 miles, and then I finished on my own. I maybe wasn't paying much attention and ran a little extra.... but I did get to see a cute little deer, thanks to a very attentive pup that was staring her down.




I love getting badges. It's the little things, y'all.


I had a friend snap a pic for me. A girl needs a finisher photo, especially when she looks cute.


I celebrated with some chocolate milk and breakfast at Starbucks. Plus, no race traffic to contend with on my way home. Winning!


The next event is the Turkey Trot, and I haven't decided when I will ne doing that one. I have from November 23 until December 1, so I may use part of the 24 hour ultra that I am doing the week before Thanksgiving. Since it is a 5k, I have a few chances to knock it out.


Want to join me? It's a free event, so you should!!! Check out the details here!

When will you Trot your 5k??



No comments:

Post a Comment