Sunday, May 19, 2019

Marathon Training on Vacation

Marathon training is an all encompassing undertaking, and traveling doesn’t make it any better! This past week, I’ve been visiting my daughter in NJ for her bridal shower and college graduation. During that time, I had to squeeze in three runs. Her neighborhood isn’t really conducive to running, so I traveled to Asbury Park, NJ for the two runs I’ve done so far. The third will happen in Virginia on Wednesday morning, I think.
Luckily for me, I drove here, so I was able to bring all of my random gear with me, instead of picking and choosing. If that’s not the case, I usually bring the most important gear. Also lucky for me, my long run was only six miles.
The course I chose was a mixed bag surfaces, and there were two different charity walks today so my long run was a little wonky. My feet hurt from the surfaces and my hips ache from all the bobbing and weaving. Totally worth it, though. Check out my pics!













No comments:

Post a Comment