Sunday, May 5, 2019

Girls on the Run 5k

Besides being Star Wars Day, yesterday was also the Girls on the Run 5k. We worked towards this race all season and the girls were super excited! We all met up at Fountain Park in Rock Hill SC, sprayed temporary hair dye in their hair, drew hearts on their faces, danced a little, and then prepared to race.

















We lined up for the race, the girls were all very excited. It was very humid and a little warm so I knew there would be some sad faces out there! I didn’t officially have anyone to run with, but the other coach was with her granddaughter and she asked me to run with the granddaughter since I was a little faster. We had a great race, ran the first two miles, walked mile 3, and ran it in. Council did a great job! I took way more pics,  it they had too many close ups of the kids, so I won’t  post them here.





No comments:

Post a Comment