Thursday, February 4, 2016

Running Besties

Today is Friends Day on Facebook, and my little video was filled with mostly running besties. Does it get any better than that? I don't think so.
This was especially emotional for me, and anyone who reads regularly knows why. On Sunday we are moving.
I'm tearing up while I type this.
We aren't merely moving out of town, we are moving out of state. From the Jersey Shore to a suburb of Charlotte, NC. Yup. This Jersey Girl is moving to South Carolina, to a town called Lancaster.
Holy heck.
We are moving away from friends, family, the town I was born and raised in.
We are moving away from my besties.
These are the girls who know me at my best, and at my worst. The girls who pushed me when I needed it, and let me walk when I needed it. So many selfies, so little miles.
When I toe the line at my next "local" race, I probably won't know anyone... usually I know at least three people, and often I know at least a dozen.
Someone get me a kleenex.
I love you all, my running besties. You know who you are, but I'm posting your picture anyway. If I leave anyone out, I apologize.
There are a lot of pictures, because some are just too awesome to leave out. My friends are pretty great!

6 comments:

  1. OMG Kim! We will miss you! I'm so honored that you included me in your collage!!!! You rock and I know I'll see you on the asphalt real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was happy for you and OK with this .... UNTIL NOW! UGH! *crying*

    ReplyDelete