Thursday, November 13, 2014

Disney's Jingle Jungle 5K Recap

Wow, I don't know where to start! I actually wrote up half of the post, but I have a new laptop, and it's not a Mac anymore, and the app was bugging me. I tried saving it, so that I could pick up from the Blogger website, and it all vanished!
Anyway, after staying up way too late on Friday night at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, I got up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready for the 5K. Mostly in the dark, because the teenies were sleeping! They were the real reason we were in Disney, but I will post more on that at a later date!
I hopped onto the bus and arrived at the race. Way.too.early. What does one do when they arrive too early? Get on line for all of the photo ops. Well, two in this case! But first let me introduce Flat Lara. This is a program started by members of my running club, the PbRC. Anyone who cannot attend the race can submit pics to be carried by runners during the weekend. Lara came to the expo with me, and to the 5K. I had to leave her home for the Half, for reasons which will become clear. Ummmmmm in a future post.




 
 

 
After the photo ops, it was time to join the running club for some pre-race pics. The members decided to wear jammies, but I didn't know until after I bought my Sally costume. Fail. But, the two amazing people who started it all were wearing Nightmare jammies. Score! we posed for some pics, and then headed to Corral D, where all of us last minute registrants were sent.
 
 

With Tony and Stacey
PbRC
We waited for our corral to be called, and decided to have fun and not worry about time. After all, we each planned to run the Half Marathon that night, plus hit the parks some during the day! Look at that sky as we started the race!




Similar to Marathon weekend, you start in the parking lot outside the park. BUT, for this race, you run through Animal Kingdom! Most of the pics from here on down to the end were taken by David Jones, who has the most amazing selfie arm ever! These are perfection!

 
 
It became obvious very early on that we would have to stand on some very long lines to get character photos. Soooo we decided to just photo bomb all of the characters. We had it down to a science. Tony took a pic of us as we set up, and then jumped in at the end for the selfie. 
 





Tony took this one



SO much fun! Near the end, we met up with another friend, but she joined us post-selfies. Sorry Run Kat! I thought I had a pic of all of us at the end, but I think that was an official photo. I would have to sell my kids to buy those! SO expensive! We collected our medals and headed out for the rest of our day!





 
Did you run the Jingle Jungle 5K? Did you get Character pics? 
 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! You know me...I ALWAYS stand in the ridiculous character lines. It sucks that it takes me, like, two hours to run a 5K on Disney property, LOL. Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Looking forward to what I'm sure is going to be an interesting W&D recap... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have waited on a line a few times, mostly for the characters at mile 20 of the marathon, and the grace diggers, with a few others sprinkled in. Maybe when I do Goofy 2016 or 17, I will do it up right!

      Delete