Saturday, June 28, 2014

Johnson & Johnson 7M Workout App Review

I travel a lot during the course of the year, for races or quick getaways with the hubs, and I love having apps to keep me moving!
I was thrilled  that I got the chance to try out the 7M Workout App as a Fitfluential Ambassador!
As soon as I got a chance to check it out, I knew it would be perfect! Each workout is 7 minutes long, a little more if you do the Warmup and cool down, total body, and can be done anywhere! You get to choose your exercise level and your motivational level, and you can easily adjust both as you progress! You also get to give each exercise a thumbs up or a thumbs down.
I tried it the first time in my house:
It was a great strength workout after my run! I hate wall sits. Just saying. I know, I know, they are great for your body, but they.are.hard. I wanted to give it a thumbs down, but I didn't. After all, it isn't the Wall Sits' fault that I stink at doing it!
The next time, I did it in my backyard! Our chairs were great for tricep dips, and our back step came in handy for step ups. The whole time, I could see the hammock, where I was going afterwards to read a book! Let me point out here that i also hate tricep dips. I have such puny triceps, that they are always difficult for me! I am so glad that they show up in these workouts! With only 7 minutes total, I always know that they won't last forever!


One day when I was babysitting my Wonder Twins, they got off the bus and couldn't wait to use their iPads all day. Ummmmmm no it's beautiful out, we are going to the park! 
While they played, I did a workout and used the park equipment to do step ups and planks, and the ground cover was great for my joints while I did jumping jacks!


I also used the app on a recent trip to Atlantic City. Total blogger fail,  I took all these great pics and screen shots during the workout, but I deleted them! OMG!


This is where I did the workout, though! That day, it was a lot of planking, but there were some squats that used a bench so I used....well...a bench! They had them all up and down the boardwalk. It was a great finish to my 4 mile run! Bonus? It was early and there was no one around to watch me plank on the boardwalk!

****I also received a great resistance band (not necessary to complete the workouts, but super convenient as far as packing goes!) and a great book called the Corporate Athlete Advantage. I have not started it yet, but I cannot wait to dig in, it looks interesting, and covers all facets of your life! Thanks, Fitfluential!****


I am LOVING this app! It is FREE, which is always a bonus! Here are a few stats in case I failed to mention them:
3
6 body resistance exercises developed and tested by Chris Jordan, creator of the original 7 Minute Workout
·         18 new workouts with more than 1,000 different variations, all rooted in science 
·         Ability to ‘build your own workout’ guided by the science of the original workout
·         A “Smart Workout” feature that utilizes science-based coaching techniques to help make exercise a healthy habit
·         Mix and match workouts – with over tens of thousands of fitness experiences
·         High-quality video and a dynamic and easy-to-use interface
Ok, get the app, do the first workout, and tell me how much you loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment