Monday, September 9, 2013

Dopey Training Week 10 and a DNS

I cannot believe it is week 11 already! Last week, I finished off week 10 of training for the Dopey Challenge. It still doesn't seem real to me, which is probably a good thing!
Monday: one mile dog walk, arm challenge, abs challenge, 3 mile bike ride, wall sits, and plank. Whew! Sounds like a lot, but it wasn't really.
Tuesday: humid, messy, overcast 10 mile run for 5 by the 5th! I also managed my very first pull up, and did all of my challenge exercises! I also gimped over to the USPS to mail the medals for my Virtual Race.


Wednesday: errands on my bike added up to 5 miles! I also did my challenge exercises.
Thursday: Boardwalk run, dog walk, and challenge exercises, and attended training to be a coach for Girls on the Run!

Friday: olympic grocery shopping, Weight Watchers meeting, dog walk, and challenge exercises:

Saturday: Brielle day 10K and challenge exercises:


Sunday: the DNS. I am devastated about this DNS. I was supposed to run Color Me Rad in Baltimore.  I woke up at 4:30 that morning, and my knee HURT. I also had some tummy issues, probably from some greasy food I ate the night before. I don't eat it often anymore, and I think it threw me for a loop. I was determined to go, even if I walked, and I headed out. By the time I hit Delaware I had stopped for 2 long bathroom breaks, and had no chance of making it on time. 4 hours of driving later, I was back home. It was a good thing, too, because the knee? Still sore. No permanent damage, I can feel the improvement already, just too many hills on Saturday. I spent most of the day on the couch and just did my challenge exercises. I was exhausted, though, so no pics. We also took the dogs for a quick walk.

This weekend, I have no races, although there is one that my friends are doing. If the knee feels good after tomorrow's run, I will sign up. It is a nice, flat, easy 5K in a very scenic beach town, and I am hoping to be able to do it!

Have you ever had a DNS? 

4 comments:

  1. Yes and I hate it. Rest that knee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUGS Darlene, I know you missed a lot of races this year, but so glad you are back to running <3

      Delete
  2. Oh, no. I'm so sorry about your DNS. That sucks! I hope your knee (and your stomach) are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My stomach is 100%, my knee maybe 75%. I ran 3 today and it was fine during the run but aches now.

      Delete