Friday, September 9, 2022

Fiction Friday

 September has already been a crazy month for reading! I joined way too many buddy reads on Litsy, so I have a huge stack of books I’m reading each day! I do have at least one book that I’m reading more than others… once I’ve finished my “assigned reading”.

I’m leading a couple of these buddy reads. One of them is a Secret Sisterhood, which is about friendships between famous female authors and their surprising pen pal besties. I am definitely learning some new things about my fave authors, plus some that I haven’t read, but now want to.



I finished Darling Girl while I was in Disney at the end of August. Definitely an interesting take on the “real” Peter Pan…. And the gifts that OUABC chose were on point. (Cookie from Gideon’s in Disney Springs.)


I finished Duma Key yesterday, I’ve been reading a chapter a day, but I got to that point where I just couldn’t stop! I brought it to my mani/pedi appointment yesterday and finished it when I got back. 


I finished Younglings today. I rarely listen to audio books; but I really enjoyed this. The narrator was spot on! I read book 2 first, and was glad to be able to listen to book 1. I meant to listen to 2 chapters today and ended up listening to the 17….. not much got done today! 



I hit 100 books this week! I have changed my goal to 140, and I’m still ahead of schedule. I’m hoping to break 150 again!


We got a couple of new friends, so of course I had to pose one of them with a book. We named them Statler and Waldorf. 


This one was adorable. It ended up being my 100th book this year, and the gifts were amazing! 


Another Buddy Read. They are short chapters, and we are reading 4 a day. I’m starting to find it hard to put down.


Another buddy read. The same group is reading both because they tied in the vote. Another one that’s getting hard to put down. 







We are reading Jane Eyre, which I am co-leading, and this was one of my photos. 


What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment