Monday, February 7, 2022

AIDS/LIFECYCLE Training Begins Today!

 

Today marks the first day of my official training for the AIDS/LIFECYCLE ride I’m doing this June. I will be riding 545 miles in one week! Wow! My team is mostly made up of those who will be riding in person, but California is a little too far for me to travel with a bike in tow. Plus, I don’t have one! I don’t think my earth cruiser would be suitable! 

I will be doing my miles on a peloton!




The first week of training starts off fairly easy. Two 40 minute rides and one 60 minute ride during the week, and that’s it! No long ride on the weekend yet. Those should be pretty easy for me in the beginning, since I do Quests fairly often….



Eventually, those weekend rides will be several hours long, so I will do longer challenge rides to get me through. 
I am also fundraising, and my current fundraiser is Super Bowl squares!


Fun fact: we moved in to our SC house on this day in 2016, and it was Super Bowl Sunday!

Who is ready for Super Bowl squares?$10 per square, and you can pick your square. You can donate directly to AIDS/LIFECYCLE and half the money goes to AIDS/LIFECYCLE for my 545 mile ride this June (in one week!) and half will go to the payouts. (My local friends have been sending money via Venmo). If the board gets filled, I will more than 3/4 of the way to my goal of $1000!  The numbers 1-9 will be added at random on game day, this is not the final board. 
 $120raised and $120 in the pot! Who is next?
6 days until the Super Bowl! Don’t delay!

http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/barkingmadrun



Have you ever done a challenge ride like this? What was the distance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment