Thursday, September 23, 2021

Holy Virtual Race, Batman! Part 2




 I received entry into the DC Batman Virtual Race as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. 

I was so proud of that blog title, and then I realized I used it in my last post for this race! Darn! I can hear Robin in my head, can’t you?

When I originally planned this virtual race, it was going to be a 10k, and I was so excited. And then I injured my foot. Injuries like this are common for me, especially since I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees. Something has to take the brunt when you overcompensate, and lately that’s my feet! My knees actually feel pretty good, but I have Posterior Tibial Tendonopathy in my left foot. Sigh.

So my 10k became a 5k, and that’s fine. Really. It’s fine.



I legit bought those Zyia leggings for this race, aren’t they perfect?!? They also matched my kickball team’s shirts, so that was nice. Cute visor, right? Love it! 



I ended up doing 4 miles, plus a little extra, and my girls went out on the Greenway for bonus miles when I was done. Because of my injury, I fell behind. I walked most of it as well, but it was fun, and I saw this cute Little Free Library. This one is a fave, it always has books I love. I skipped it though, I was afraid I would find books and have to carry them for two miles! Book Nerd probs for sure. 



I love the medal, it has a fun shape and it’s reminiscent of his costume. Uniform?  Bat Suit? Hardcore fans are groaning across the nation at these terms!



Because my girls went out for bonus miles, I didn’t use the finish line tape they sent. I love the added touch, though. It’s the first time a race has sent me one! I celebrated with a Pumpkin Scone at Starbucks while I waited.




Finisher photos are a must for every Virtual Race. I got these cute photo props for us to use, and then passed them on to a friend on my neighborhood who has little kids. 

The swag for this race was on point. The sweatshirt isn’t too thick, which is ideal for Southern living. I bring it with me to Panera, since it’s always cold there! If you use DCBATMANPROMO at checkout you can add a Koozie to the pile as well, plus they send that fun finish line tape. 

Who is your favorite super hero?








No comments:

Post a Comment