Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Hit the Brixx 10k

 Saturday was my 2nd 10k of four in September! This time, we went to Ballantyne for the Hit the Brixx 10k, which is usually in Charlotte. We parked at Sarah’s house and walked over, which may have been a mistake. It was almost two miles! A great warmup, though, and we got there just in time to start the race. This first pic is a great indicator of how the entire race went.




I looked cute though. The race was on 9-11 so obviously I was wearing our colors. 


We got a start line selfie just in time!


I turned on my peloton app and did an 80s Quest to get me through. It was nice having the music in the background with the instructor telling me I was doing a great job. It ate up my battery though!


 Before we even hit mile one, a cop was telling us to get off the street and onto the sidewalk because we were too slow. He was very nice about it, but it was demoralizing to have that happen so soon. The sidewalk was very twisty, and hard on the joints, and made the route a bit longer since it wasn’t a straight line. No biggie. We can do this. 
We jumped back onto the street as soon as we could, somewhere in mile 2. It was a nice course through some neighborhoods before bringing us back towards the starting area. At the halfway mark, the Race Director made us stop. He said we wouldn’t finish in time so it would have to be a 5k. We turned where he asked us to, put our bibs in our pockets, and proceeded to run around the shopping complex and onto another neighborhood to make up the miles. We managed to cross the finish line anyway. Apparently, they pushed a handful of runners along, even though they finished within the time limit! Ugh!




We walked back to Sarah’s and changed into comfy clothes so we could brunch. My total miles for the day were close to 9! Yikes! I haven’t done that many miles in a long time! 



This weekend is OrthoCarolina and I’m excited about this one, because I won the entry on an Instagram contest AND the time limit is 1:45, the most generous time limit so far! 


No comments:

Post a Comment