Friday, February 5, 2021

Fiction Friday

 It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged, and I just saw that my last entry was my 1500th! If I was paying better attention I wouldn’t have done a Wordless Wednesday!

In any case, it’s Fiction Friday! I couldn’t remember if I posted a pic of my masterpiece. This is what happens when you loan out your 1985 copy of a Christmas Carol and it gets returned to you in pieces! 


I read 18 books in January. My faves were definitely Secret Garden and The Awakening. I almost always enjoy Cozy Mysteries, and I joined a challenge with a goal of 40 for the year, and I’m off to a good start!


Here’s one of this month’s Cozies. I’m almost done with it, I’m about to find out who the killer is! 


This one is a Once Upon a Book Club pick. I am a few behind because of the holidays and it was a great pick me up. I’m currently reading a Dean Koontz and a Stephen King a chapter or three  at a time and I needed a break!


One of the volunteers at the used bookstore where I volunteer made this wreath. Isn’t it gorgeous?!?


My February TBR pile. I never read them all! I do manage to get through half, though! I participate in a monthly challenge on Litsy (think Instagram for book nerds) and we choose 20 books and number them 1-20. The host chooses two that we need to read to earn entries into her annual contest. Then all of the numbers get chosen at random and entered  into a bingo board. The Bingo part is just for fun, you only earn entries for the first two. So much fun and a great way to decide what to read next! 



I’m ending this with Miss Benson’s Beetle. Yet another Book Club selection. I never would have read this on my own and yet I loved it! The gifts are a nice addition! If you want to try it out head over to OnceUponABookClub.com and use BARKINGMADRUN10 at checkout for a discount! 


No comments:

Post a Comment