Tuesday, June 18, 2019

World Refugee Day Virtual 5k



I received entry into the World Refugee Day 5K as part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.  



The Pros at BibRave got together with our good friends at Soul Focus to get the word out about this amazing Virtual Race. There is still time to sign up, but act fast! It only runs until Thursday!! 




The actual live event takes place in Uganda, where over 1000 runners get together to race! The race actually takes place at the Nakivale Refugee Settlement. 
You can run or walk your race anywhere! Grab some friends or go out for some quiet time. The choice is yours! That's the glory of a Virtual Race. Have you ever run one? Each event is different, but also very similar. During the time period set forth by the race (or, honestly, whatever works best for you) you run the predetermined distance. Some races choose a distance, some give choices. Fit that distance into your schedule, take some pics, and enjoy your swag.
I ran my race on Saturday with my running club, and might have done some celebrating afterwards!


 And yes. I said swag. Every race is different, and I often decide by what the swag is. This one was a no brainer. Boco Gear made it. In case you missed it, I am obsessed with Boco Gear. I could not register fast enough. 

Each race will also have a time period for when they ship out your gear. Some ship it out frequently so that you'll have it on race day. Others wait until race day, and ship it out all at once. This race is shipping out after race day, so start stalking that mailbox a little while after the 20th.


If you haven't registered yet, head over to their website, and use the code BR5 for $5 off. You'll be helping so many, plus you'll be exercising and getting a super cool hat!

I'm not the only Pro running this event! Check out what my friends did:



4 comments:

  1. I love virtual races these days—the swag is still awesome, you're supporting an awesome cause, and you get to choose who you run with, like you did with your running group! Win-win, I'd say!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to running my 5k on Thursday, although it's looking like rain here so I might wind up on the treadmill. Butttt, so worth it for a good cause and you know, I'm super pumped for the BOCO Gear swag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed for no rain and no dreadmill!

    ReplyDelete