Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Packing For Ragnar Trail SC

Omg y'all, Thursday night begins our Ragnar Trail adventure! I meant to be all packed up today, in time to write this blog, but life got in the way. I did start, though, so here is what I've packed so far.



A little background on the race, for those who have never done one. A regular Ragnar race involves 12 runners in 2 vans, running 200 miles point to point. Ragnar Trail involves camping, staying in one spot, and doing 3 loops around the trails of a park. Every runner does the same 3 loops, toralling 16.5 miles. The order of the loops change, though.



Does this make sense?
Anyway, 3 legs=3 outfits, of course. If you follow me on Instagram, I've been posting them throughout the day.







It's going to be hot and humid, so hopefully I don't die.

There are also some other important things already put aside. Like campsite decor. I cut out 100 snails. 100.



It only took 2 days of sitting on the couch and watching TV. Such a huge sacrifice!



Camping gear. I plan to bring my 2 big, fat, plush sleeping bags as well. To use as a cushion! I'm too old to sleep on the ground! We have a blow up mattress, but it's a queen, and that's too big! I also have a canopy to bring so that we have a little shade.



Food! Every camping trip needs granola and Boom Chicka Pop, but I also have oatmeal, rice cakes, and cashews. They feed us on Friday night, and there are food trucks as well.

I still have so much to pack tomorrow before I coach GOTR, but thanks to that handy dandy list, I know that I won't forget anything.

Have you ever run a Ragnar Race?

No comments:

Post a Comment