Friday, June 17, 2016

Judge Not....


It seems that social media is rampant with people judging other people's actions and beliefs these days.
Should guns be legal?
Should that poor little boy's parents be watching him closer?
And so on.
Our development has a Facebook page and it is often filled with people shaming others. This person cut me off on this road. This person drove too fast. With photos of license plates. 

This week we got a new toy. They are super popular in our development for traveling to parties, the pool, the park, the tennis courts. It's hot here in SC, and the cart is much cooler than traveling in your car. It's also battery operated so we are saving gas and the environment.
And they're fun.
You can throw a cooler in the back, grab some towels, and hit the pool. When you get there, guaranteed there will be 4 other carts lined up in the lot.
Foolishly I posted this pic on Facebook, because we wanted our local friends to see it, and because we were happy.




Sassy, right?
And so began the shaming and the judging.
Well gee, I hope you actually play golf.
Do you really need that?
You know those things tip over, right?
And so on.
You know how it goes.

Do I need it? 
Nope.
Let's be real, who really needs a golf cart?
But.
We moved to a new area. All of my friends are back in Jersey. Many of my new friends drive these. It's very popular here in SC. Many strip malls have actual golf cart parking.
For real.
And do you see what I'm doing here?
Now I'm trying to justify my purchase.

Whose business is it whether or not I buy a golf cart? Just mine.
Whatever happened to the days when we were just happy for each other? When did it become okay to type something we would never say to someone face to face?
I'm on a new mission and I owe it all to Tim McGraw. Let's all just need Humble and Kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment