Saturday, March 5, 2016

When You Forget to Set the Alarm...

Today I was supposed to run my 41st half marathon. It would have been my first local half and my first glimpse at Charlotte.
Supposed to be.
I forgot to set the alarm.
This never happens, and I can only attribute it to a few things that are going on in my life....
The move....
Still unpacking....
Catching a cold....
Not training...
That might be the big one. Was this a Freudian Slip? Possibly. Every year, my friend Eileen and I run a race this weekend, and we are never ready for it. We just go out and have a good time. At this race last year, I injured myself and ended up with Plantar Fasciitis. I have my PF under control now, but I wonder if that slip up was subconsciously done.
Either way, I am okay with it. The hubs and I hit up a Farmers Market, and then headed into Charlotte just in time to cheer for some back of the pack runners. We found a little free library and had hot dogs. It was a good morning.
Tomorrow I will run a 10k in the neighborhood.
All is right with the world.

2 comments:

  1. It may have been a blessing in disguise. With your immunity down and lack of training, you may have been injured and laid up for weeks. I oversleep when I have a cold too. I've set a backup alarm sometimes. Sounds like you had a good time anyway. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A backup alarm is a great idea, I will remember that next time! Thank you :)

      Delete