Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Tuesday Training Update

 I feel like I’m always saying this, but y’all! I cannot believe it’s been almost 6 weeks since I have blogged! June was a crazy month. I rode 545+ miles for AIDS/Lifecycle and it took over my life!

The first week was rough. I was still suffering  from what may have been Long Covid, and I was so so tired. I was riding an hour or more in the morning and then again in the afternoon. It wasn’t until the second week that I started to feel less tired. I had Covid in January, and it took 5 months to feel like myself again!

I rode most of my miles alone, completing 5 Barkle Challenges along the way. Some of my Peloton fam joined me from time to time, which always made my day! The roughest time for me was when the in person riders were doing their thing. I hated that I couldn’t do all of my miles in one week, like they did. Doing them all month was challenge enough! My highest monthly mileage ever was 260, and that was January 2021. My 2022 average so far has been 150-170 a month. 

Here is what my final day looked like…

My Team Captain was so kind to me afterwards….


One of my Peloton fam made this sign and sent me a pic! It made my heart so happy!


I had a chart that I updated daily. It was so motivating to watch that number go up every day. I chose Robin’s Dolly Parton ride for my final three miles. Some of my teammates and Peloton Fam joined me for the ride, which was so nice! So many high fives, and I definitely got emotional! 


I took this right before the ride! I love my Momentum Jewelry wraps! Use KIM15 at checkout for a discount! 


Another sweet message from my Fam! Valerie did a bunch of rides with me throughout the month!


It was definitely a humbling challenge. I did most of the rides on a flat road, so that I could survive the month. The challenges kept me going, and I posted every day to my Facebook page for accountability. I would definitely try this again next year, and do it in less time. I couldn’t properly train this year, post Covid, but I’m glad I managed to cover the miles anyway! 

Have you ever done a crazy challenge like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment