Friday, May 6, 2022

Fiction Friday, Vacation Edition

 The hubs and I are on vacation this week, which obviously means I’m hunting for all of the book stores! I also managed to find a few Little Free Libraries, and check in on the app. 

We started in Savannah with E Shaver Books, a fave of mine from our first trip there. They have bookstore cats, which is always fun. I love when bookstores have pets! I chose a book from the Employee Suggestions shelf, the store up made it sound amazing.







Next up was Books on Bay, another fave. This is my third visit. The owner has tons of Nancy Drew books and he knows so much about everything books! I scored a couple of Nancy Drew books, and managed to restrain myself from getting more! 





I tried stopping at a third store in Savannah, but for the second time it was closed. This time I bumped into the owner, or maybe an employee? I don’t know, but he was super rude, even after I told him that Google says he is open on Tuesdays. I won’t try again next time. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life!


On our way to Hilton Head, I saw a sign from the highway and the hubs turned back. He’s a keeper, that one! Hard cover books were three for $20. Score!





On our first full day here, we went to climb the lighthouse, only to find they had a bookshop on their gift shoppe. 




Afterwards, we hit the cute little shop I found the last time, while looking for a Little Free Library. The owner even gave me a free ARC with my purchase. So fun! I only meant to buy one book, but there was a cute display for a cozy mystery written about HH, and scenes take place in the cute little shop, so obviously I had to buy that one as well. 




Today is our last full day here, and we were supposed to rent bikes and search out LFL all day, but I have bronchitis and I feel yucky. We will spend the day in the shade on the beach, but first the hubs took me to some LFL plus we found one that had art in it! 








A hugely successful trip, as far as books go! We are seeking a lot of historical places and spending some down time at the beach as well. Just the recharge we need!

Do you have a favorite Little Free Library?



No comments:

Post a Comment