Monday, April 19, 2021

Star Wars Rival Run 15k Half Marathon





 Ok, before you freak out, I do know that a 15k is not a half marathon! 

I went into this weekend hoping to complete the 10k and half marathon, but I didn’t train for them. Well, I kind of trained for the 10k. It’s my third one in a few months, and I’ve been doing 3 mile runs and walks in between. I knew that I could handle the 10k, but I wasn’t sure about the half.




We started at about 6:50 in the morning, just as it was starting to get light out. We planned to walk around the lake at our hotel a few times, to get as close to 6 miles as we could. We saw some ducks and a bunny, and at one point we walked through the hotel area to change it up, and got a selfie with Goofy. Who said that virtual events have no character stops?



After we got about 6 miles, we hopped on the Sky Liner between POP and AOA and made our way to Hollywood Studios. My feet and knees were done at 5 miles, but I hoped that the rest would give me a second wind. We walked from HS to the Boardwalk Bakery and had breakfast, and I was at about 7 miles. Then we headed to the Swan for a Raw Threads pop up shop and I got a little closer to 8. After we shopped and hung out for a bit, and I charged up my phone a little, back out we went for the last little bit. By the time we got back to the hotel, I was at 8.8 and I walked loops to get me to 9.3 miles. 


It’s not exactly what I wanted, but I’ll take it! I haven’t been training, my knees are a hot mess, but I pushed as much as I safely could and I managed 9.3 miles. I almost went for 10, but we still had Animal Kingdom the next day and I wanted to enjoy it!

Training starts soon for Fall half marathons, and I won’t be coaching, so I can train however I want. I’m determined to finish an in person half this fall! It doesn’t need to be pretty, I just need that finish!


Did you race this weekend, virtually or in person?


No comments:

Post a Comment