Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cross Training

Today, after my Team Meeting, Jon and I went to Barnegat Lighthouse for a picnic. We started by going up to the top of the lighthouse, 217 steps.....



seemed like a good idea at the time! 217 steps back down, and by the time we hit the bottom, boy oh boy were my quads MAD!

We decided to walk the jetty to the end, but decided about halfway there that we would turn back. Did I mention my quads? OUCH!
All in all, it was a beautiful day, but I will never try that again the day before I am running two races.
Oh, did I mention that? Tomorrow I am running a 5K at Blue Claws Stadium (the finish line is at home plate, how cool is that?) and then later in the afternoon I am doing the Rebel Race. It is *supposed* to be a mud run, but today's reports are that there is very little mud and the obstacles stink. Stay tuned....



No comments:

Post a Comment